Obsidian Therapeutics, founded in 2015, aspires to extend adoptive immunotherapy to every patient with cancer. We do this by building cell therapies with pharmacologic operating systems to provide treating physicians with precise and dynamic control of engineered cells in patients.
We create adoptive cell therapies with new functions that are under control of the treating physician using simple, safe, orally-active, marketed drugs. With this unique approach, we can dramatically improve on the current generation of cell therapies by:
- Driving transplanted cells into the host immune system with proliferative signals, potentially reducing the need for toxic preconditioning of patients
- Prolonging the lives of transplanted cells in patients with cytokines and other factors for greater duration of therapy
- Modulating tumor targeting to maximize anti-tumor activity, minimize side-effects, and reduce the risk of tumor escape
- Reshaping the tumor microenvironment to enhance the overall efficacy of immunotherapy
- Reversibly silencing the biological activity of transplanted cells without irretrievably killing them and terminating therapy
Obsidian’s science is based on research performed by our scientific founder, Professor Thomas Wandless.
Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Obsidian has assembled an industry-leading team of experts in immunology, cell therapy, and oncology. We continue to build our team so please check often for Job Opportunities.