Obsidian Therapeutics is developing a new class of cell and gene therapies that employ precise exogenous control of transgene expression for improved safety and efficacy. We are looking for a highly talented, flexible, collaborative, dynamic immunologist to be a key driver of our preclinical pharmacology efforts.
This role is a unique opportunity to be an early partner and a scientific leader in well-funded startup with blue chip investors, field-leading founders and advisors, and a highly experienced startup team. You will help us build a dynamic, passionate, collaborative, transparent and successful organization focused on delivering transformative therapies in oncology and other areas of greatest clinical need. Located in an energetic environment in the heart of Cambridge, Obsidian is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes can be sent to email@example.com.
- Lead efforts to discover novel protein variants with defined characteristics through creative screening of protein variant libraries, structure guided mutagenesis and protein design
- Characterize protein variants for functional properties using a variety of Cell biology, molecular biology, biochemical and biophysical methods
- Design novel constructs for cell and gene therapy using protein design, molecular biology and functional analysis.
- Develop next generation technologies for regulating protein expression
- Manage collaborations with CROs and other external collaborators
- Independently design experiments, meticulously execute on bench work, analyze data, troubleshoot and communicate findings.
- Enthusiastic team worker with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to work collaboratively in fast paced environment
Required Qualifications and skills
- PhD with at least 3 yrs experience in molecular and cellular biology in biotech/pharma setting
- Extensive experience and record of success in construction and screening of mutant protein libraries is required. Experience in protein design and structural biology strong plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular and cellular biology techniques including DNA manipulation, Gibson assembly, CRISPR/TALEN methods, mRNA transfections, quantitative PCR, western blotting, ELISA and FACS. Extensive experience in FACS sorting is required
- Experience with viral vectors highly desirable
- Experience in Cell and Gene therapy, particularly adoptive cell therapy for cancer strong plus
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and excellent communication skills, highly organized with flawless record keeping and multi-tasking abilities
- Highly collaborative working style and ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly developing environment