Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate: Immuno-Oncology Pharmacology
Obsidian Therapeutics, a newly formed Atlas Venture company, is developing a new class of cell and gene therapies that employ precise exogenous control of transgene expression for improved safety and efficacy. We are looking for a highly talented, flexible, collaborative, dynamic immunologist to be a key driver of our preclinical pharmacology efforts.
This role is a unique opportunity to be an early partner and a scientific leader in well-funded startup with blue chip investors, field-leading founders and advisors, and a highly experienced startup team. You will help us build a dynamic, passionate, collaborative, transparent and successful organization focused on delivering transformative therapies in oncology and other areas of greatest clinical need. Located in an energetic environment in the heart of Cambridge, Obsidian is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develop and implement immuno-oncology preclinical anti-tumor efficacy studies using adoptive transfer of T-cells and small molecule dosing.
- Assist in the design of Immuno-oncology preclinical efficacy experiments and PK/PD studies with CROs
- Develop novel methodologies for in vivo characterization of modified T-cells, biomarker assessment, and pharmacodynamic characterization
- Prepare primary immune cells for in vivo dosing and perform cell culture with immortalized cell lines
- Independently design experiments, meticulously execute on bench work, analyze data, troubleshoot and communicate findings
- Enthusiastic team worker with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to work collaboratively in fast paced environment
Required Qualifications and skills
- BS/MS with 3+ years experience in immunology / immuno-oncology in biotech/pharma setting
- Demonstrated expertise with in vivo oncology studies, experience with in vivo immuno-oncology models a strong plus.
- Demonstrated expertise with animal handling, IV, IP, and oral dosing of small and/or large molecules, and tissue harvesting.
- Excellent understanding and passion for immuno-oncology
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and excellent communication skills, highly organized with flawless record keeping and multi-tasking abilities
- Highly collaborative working style and ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly developing environment
- Authorized to work in the US at the time of application